Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Touch and Touch Yarns are the trading names for Touch Yarns (2016) Ltd. These names are protected by copyright.
- When shopping with Touch Yarns you accept our terms and conditions.
- Our website is owned by Touch Yarns and all content on this site including pictures are the property of Touch Yarns and are protected by copyright.
- We do our best to convey true and accurate colours on our site but colours will differ on different computers. We cannot guarantee they are 100% accurate.
- Each batch of wool is slightly different from the next and it is very important that you use wool from the same batch in a project.
- Hand dyed skeins are each unique and can vary dramatically, even when they are from the same dyebath. When using more than one hand dyed skein in a garment or project you need to blend the skeins by knitting two rows from each skein alternately (or choose two skeins and blend these, then move on to blending the other two).
- Hand dyed skeins may contain areas of non-dyed wool or dripped or splattered colours. This is the charm and unique nature of hand dyed yarns and does not constitute a fault.
- Always roll your Touch yarn skein into a ball before beginning to knit.
- Some skeins or balls of Touch wool contain knots or joins. This is normal and industry standards allow for 3 knots or joins per 100g. We think this is too many. If you find MORE than one knot per 100g then we would like to know.
- Please take extra care when washing. Always check wool labels for washing instructions and follow carefully.
- Please allow for some dropping of fluff. Possum and mohair yarns can shed a little during knitting and for the first few wears. This is normal and will subside. A gentle wash can help settle any shedding.
- Some dark shades my leave some colour on hands or needles during knitting. This is quite normal and will subside after a gentle wash. Once your garment is complete, use an approved liquid wool wash to rinse your completed garment and set the colour.
- Touch Yarns patterns are written specifically for our wool. It is important that you use the wool specified.
- If you have purchased your Touch product from a stockist OTHER THAN this website or our Clyde store and you wish to discuss a problem or issue with your Touch product then you need to contact the store from where your yarn was purchased.
- RETURNS & EXCHANGES
- Returns and exchanges are not accepted unless the wool is faulty. However, do talk to us. If the yarn is in the perfect condition you received it in, including tidy labels, and is still a current batch, then in most instances we are happy to exchange for another yarn or shade. Return delivery costs and delivery on the exchanged item are the customer’s responsibility.
- Returns and exchanges can only apply when the yarn was purchased from this website or our Clyde store. Please contact the store from where you purchased the yarn as each store has its own refund and exchange policy.
- We do not offer refunds on sale items. No returns or exchanges are allowed on sale items unless they are faulty. Please choose carefully.
- If you find your Touch wool to be faulty please notify us by email within 14 days of arrival. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your contact details, date of purchase, place of purchase, a description of the fault and please attach a photo of the fault.
- Where a product is deemed to be faulty Touch will either send you a replacement yarn or refund your money.
- Sometimes human or production errors occur or technology lets us down. If the yarn you have ordered isn’t available and the system hasn’t updated you will be notified immediately and we will find a remedy, a replacement, a refund or a store credit.
- All domestic orders are sent with Fastway couriers unless otherwise agreed upon by the customer.
- Please allow 3-6 working days for your parcel to arrive.
- We will process your order within 24 weekday hours of confirmation, however if we are in a busy period, then please allow 2-3 days for us to process.
- An email with a tracking number will be sent and use can use this at www.fastway.co.nz. If an order is lost in transit then the delivery company is your first port of call, otherwise contact us for assistance.
- Overseas orders under NZD$250 are sent with NZ Post and are not tracked or traced. Please allow 6-10 working days for delivery.
- Orders valued over NZD$250 will be sent via NZ Post courier service. A tracking number will be emailed to you.
- Import duties, taxes and brokerage fees that maybe applied during custom clearance are not included in the product price and are the responsibility of the recipient.
- If your order is lost in transit please contact us so we can assist you.
- If an order hasn’t been set then it can be cancelled by email to email@example.com.
- Custom orders and special dyes cannot be cancelled once the order has been made.
- We use a secure payment system for web site purchases and SSL for all emails to maintain security.
- When you place an order with Touch any information you give us is for the purpose of the transaction. We do not share, rent or sell your information to a third party without your consent.